fonts: larger or smaller

This blog has moved to another location: http://blog.zaimbakar.com.
Please update any bookmarks.

Thank you.

10/10/2004 04:10:00 AM

Spread the Fox

I discovered Firefox about a year ago and now I can't live without it. If you're still using Internet Explorer, I am giving you an ultimatum, stop it and start using Firefox now! Just kidding. Download Firefox here: getfirefox.com. You may also read on that page a list of reasons why you should start using Firefox.

Only recently I've stumbled upon spreadfirefox.com, a Firefox marketing/avangelism community site. Interesting. This is the first time I've seen such a wide-ranged and highly passionate support in just the spreading and marketing of an open source project. I was hooked. So naturally, I searched the web for any kind of act of evangelism in my country, the "Land of Honest Software Pirates". So besides the usual open source posts by Mr. 'Technology Malaysian-style' LcF, I've found these interesting links:

Not at all as 'organized' as spreadfirefox.com (not to say that they're any less dedicated).

So Malaysian open source and Firefox users out there, why not start a spread Firefox campaign here? I can think of a few things we can concentrate on:

  • Localized Firefox buttons and ad in BM
  • Revive the localization of Mozilla (not only Firefox) to BM, the last localized version is Mozilla (not Firefox) v1.0.1! To my knowledge, there hasn't been any localized version of Firefox
  • Push the usage of Firefox at local colleges, universities or schools

Okay, so I'm probably over my head, but why not?

Update: Visit my blog at spreadfirefox.com to direct comments and ideas

Filed in:

Trackbacks - 0 trackbacks

Click here for trackbacks.