fonts: larger or smaller

This blog has moved to another location: http://blog.zaimbakar.com.
Please update any bookmarks.

Thank you.

12/01/2004 07:44:00 PM

Mordechai Vannu

Altough this guy, Mordechai Vanuu has already come out in the open years ago, only recently I learnt of his 'crusade'.

While the Untited States "spread democracy" and "prevent" nuclear proliferation in the Middle East, one single country there has time and again successfully evade the scopes of U.S. radar. This country is, of course, Israel.

Mordechai Vannu is the former Israeli nuclear technician who blew the whistle on Isreal's nuclear weapons programme.

Mordechai Vanunu, a former Israeli nuclear technician, completed his entire 18-year sentence in Israel's Ashkelon Prison on April 21, 2004, for blowing the whistle on his government's secret nuclear weapons program. Captured by Israeli agents on September 30, 1986, he spent more than 11 1/2 years in solitary confinement.
http://www.nonviolence.org/vanunu/morestory.html

This just shows how U.S foreign policy is in fact double standards.

I Am Your Spy I am the clerk / technician / mechanic / driver. They said: Do this, do that, don't look left or right, don't read the text. Don't look at the whole machine. You are responsible for just this one bolt. Concentrate on this one rubber-stamp. Don't concern yourself with things beyond your grasp. We will do the thinking... Those on top, the masterminds, those who have the future mapped-out, thought: There's nothing to worry about, nothing to fear. Our little clerk is a diligent worker. He's a simple technician. He's a little man. And though little men have ears, they can't hear. Though they have eyes, they can't see. But the clerk / driver / technician / mechanic happened to look up. He stepped back and saw ­ a monster. Unbelieving, he rubbed his eyes but - yes - it was still there! I see a monster. I'm part of the system. I signed the form. But now, I'm reading the small print. This bolt is part of a bomb. This bolt is me. How did I fail to see? How do the others go on tightening the bolts? Who else knows? Who else has seen? Who else has heard? Why me? It's too big for me. Stand up and speak out. Take a stand and tell the people. You can. Me? The bolt / technician / mechanic? Yes you! You are the secret agent of the people. You are the eyes of the nation. Agent / spy, tell us what you have seen. Tell us what the insiders, the masterminds have hidden from us. Without you we are damned. A holocaust awaits us. I have no choice. I'm just a common man, an ordinary citizen - but I've got to keep faith. I've heard the voice of my conscience. And there's nowhere to hide. I'm on your mission, doing what must be done. Take my message. Judge for yourselves. Ease my burden. Share my burden. Carry it on. Stop the train. Get off the train. Next stop ­ nuclear holocaust. by Mordechai Vannu

Probably some (or most) of you have heard of this. But not me, I just read about him last month when again, he was arrested by the Israeli government. But fortunately he was later released to only house arrest.

The middle eastern crisis, something that I would usually dismiss only as futile wars of ideology, now has taken a u-turn. What I read about this person and other related revelations has cemented in me the idea of a one sided, unfair battle between Israel-U.S. and other mid-east countries especially Palastine. Whatever effort the U.S seem to be undertaking towards peace in the the mid-east is just double-speak. Whoever believes that the U.S, to any degree, really want peace is deluded.

Links:

Trackbacks - 0 trackbacks

Click here for trackbacks.